Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions, along with any referenced documents, govern the supply of parts, components, and products (referred to as "Products") listed in the "parts" section on our website, altory.com (hereinafter, "our site"). Please carefully review these terms and conditions before placing an order for any Products. By ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We recommend that you retain a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please click the "I Accept" button if you agree with these terms and conditions. If you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
2. Information about Us
Tradecraft Brands Limited, operating the website altory.com, is registered in England and Wales, with its registered office located at: The Corner House, 2 High Street, Aylesford, Kent, ME20 7BG.
3. Your Eligibility
By placing an order through our site, you confirm the following:
· You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts.
· You are at least 18 years old.
4. Contract Formation
· Upon placing an order, you will receive an email acknowledging the receipt of your order. It is essential to note that this acknowledgment does not constitute acceptance of your order. Your order serves as an offer to purchase a Product. All orders are subject to our acceptance, and we will confirm this acceptance by sending you an email upon dispatch of the Product, referred to as the "Dispatch Confirmation." The contract (referred to as the "Contract") between you and us is established only when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation.
· The Contract applies exclusively to the Products mentioned in the Dispatch Confirmation. We are not obligated to supply any other Products that might have been included in your order until we confirm their dispatch in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
5. Consumer Rights
If you are contracting as a consumer, you have the right to cancel the Contract at any time within 14 days, starting from the day you received the Products. In such a case, you will receive a full refund of the purchase price in accordance with our refunds policy.
To initiate a Contract cancellation, please send an email to email@example.com, from the same email account used when placing the order, with the subject line "Cancellation of Contract," indicating your desire to cancel the Contract and quoting the relevant order number and delivery address. You are not required to provide a reason for the cancellation. Additionally, you must return the Product(s) to us within 14 days of notifying us of your intention to cancel the Contract, in the same condition as received, at your expense and risk. You are legally obligated to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. Failure to do so may result in us seeking compensation.
Please note that these provisions do not affect your statutory rights.
6. Availability and Delivery
· We endeavor to keep the stock availability up to date. Products labeled as 'Out Of Stock' will be clearly indicated. In the rare event of a stock availability issue with a product marked 'In Stock,' we will promptly contact you. You may then choose to cancel the order or wait until the item becomes available.
7. Risk and Title
· The Products become your responsibility once they are delivered.
· Ownership of the Products transfers to you upon receipt of full payment, including delivery charges.
8. Price and Payment
· The prices for our Products are quoted on our site. Any errors are subject to correction.
· For UK customers, the prices include VAT, excluding delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
· For customers outside the UK, the displayed price does not include VAT applicable to your location, which will be due upon importing your order. Additionally, any relevant duties and administrative charges imposed by the carrier or postal service may apply.
· Prices are subject to change, but these changes will not affect orders for which we have already sent a Dispatch Confirmation.
· Although we make every effort to ensure accurate pricing, discrepancies may occur. In cases where the correct price is lower than the stated price, we will charge the lower amount upon dispatch. If the correct price is higher than the stated price, we may, at our discretion, contact you for instructions or reject your order, notifying you of the rejection. We are not obligated to provide the Product at the incorrect (lower) price, even after sending a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is evident and could have been reasonably recognized by you as a mispricing.
· Payment for all Products must be made by credit or debit card. We accept most major credit cards for online orders. Your card will be debited immediately, and your order will be shipped as soon as possible. When placing an order from overseas, we will specify shipping details and prices to facilitate a secure checkout. Please note that all payments to us must be in UK Pounds (£) Sterling.
· We take online security seriously, implementing stringent measures to protect your payment information through secure servers employing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. Additionally, we use a third-party credit card processing company named Shopify Payments, further enhancing the security of your payment information. These measures make it highly improbable for unauthorized parties to access your credit card information from us, ensuring a secure shopping experience. Please be aware that, for the sake of credit card security, you may be contacted before order dispatch to provide additional information.
9. Our Refunds Policy
· When you return a Product to us:
o If you cancel the Contract within the 14-day cooling-off period (see consumer rights above), we will process your refund promptly and, in any case, within 14 days of receiving the returned goods. In this instance, the refund will cover the entire Product price. However, you will be responsible for the return shipping costs.
o For any other reason (e.g., if you disagree with any changes in these terms and conditions, or if you claim a Product is defective, as per "our right to vary these terms and conditions"), we will assess the returned Product and notify you of the refund via email within a reasonable timeframe. We typically process refunds as soon as possible, and, in any case, within 30 days of confirming your entitlement to a refund for a defective Product. For Products returned due to a defect, the refund will encompass the delivery charges for sending the item to you and the expenses you incurred for returning the item to us.
o Refunds will typically be issued using the same payment method originally employed by you for the purchase.
10. Our Liability
· We guarantee that all Products purchased from our site are of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for their intended purposes.
· Our liability for losses resulting from a breach of this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product and foreseeable losses at the time your order was accepted.
· This limitation does not apply to:
o Cases of death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
o Claims under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
o Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
o Deliberate breaches of these terms that would permit you to terminate the contract.
o Matters for which it is illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude liability.
· We are not responsible for indirect losses that occur as a side effect of the primary loss or damage, provided they are not foreseeable by both you and us. Such losses may include but are not limited to:
· Loss of income or revenue
· Loss of business
· Loss of profits or contracts
· Loss of anticipated savings
· Loss of data
· Waste of management or office time, regardless of whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract, or any other legal cause.
· Please note that this clause (Section 10) does not preclude claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property, as specified in clause 9.1 or clause 9.2, or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the clauses 9.4.1 to 9.4.6 of this clause 9.4.
11. Import Duty
· If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to import duties and taxes imposed upon delivery to the designated destination. You will be responsible for covering the payment of any such import duties and taxes. Kindly note that we have no control over the amount of these charges and are unable to predict their exact values. It is advisable to contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order. Additionally, you must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the destination country. We are not liable for any breach of such laws by you.
12. Written Communications
· Certain applicable laws require that information or communications we provide to you be in writing. By using our site, you acknowledge that communication with us will mainly be electronic. We will contact you via email or post notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you consent to electronic communication and acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information, and other communications provided to you electronically fulfill any legal requirements concerning written communication. Please note that this condition does not affect your statutory rights.
· All notices you intend to provide to us should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may deliver notices to you through the email or postal address you provide when placing an order or through any of the methods described in Section 12 above. Notice will be considered received and properly served as follows:
· Immediately when posted on our website
· 24 hours after an email is sent
· Three days after posting a letter
· For the purpose of proving notice service, it is sufficient to demonstrate, in the case of a letter, that it was appropriately addressed, stamped, and sent by post, and in the case of an email, that it was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
14. Transfer of Rights and Obligations
· The Contract between you and us is binding on you and us, as well as on our respective successors and assigns.
· You may not transfer, assign, charge, or otherwise dispose of a Contract or any rights or obligations arising under it without our prior written consent.
· We reserve the right to transfer, assign, charge, subcontract, or otherwise dispose of a Contract or any rights or obligations arising under it at any time during the Contract's term.
15. Events Outside Our Control
· We will not be held liable or responsible for any failure or delay in performing our obligations under a Contract if such failure or delay is caused by events beyond our reasonable control, which include but are not limited to:
· Strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial actions
· Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack, or threat of terrorist attack
· War, whether declared or not, or the threat or preparation for war
· Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic, or other natural disasters
· Impossibility of using railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport, or other means of public or private transport
· Impossibility of using public or private telecommunications networks
· Acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions imposed by any government
· Our performance under any Contract will be suspended during the period of the Force Majeure Event, and we will be granted an extension of time to fulfill our obligations for the duration of that period. We will make reasonable efforts to conclude the Force Majeure Event or find a solution that allows us to meet our Contract obligations despite the event.
· If any of these Terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful, or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition, or provision will be severed to that extent. The remaining terms, conditions, and provisions will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
17. Entire Agreement
· These terms and conditions, along with any documents expressly referred to in them, constitute the entire agreement between us, superseding any previous arrangements, understandings, or agreements related to the subject matter of any Contract.
· Each party acknowledges that, in entering into a Contract and the documents referred to in it, they do not rely on any statements, representations, assurances, or warranties (Representations) of any person, whether a party to that Contract or not, except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions.
· Both parties agree that the only rights and remedies available for any Representations shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions. This clause does not limit or exclude liability for fraud.
18. Our Right to Vary These Terms and Conditions
· We reserve the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions as necessary. Your orders will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in effect at the time of your order, unless a change is required by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to previously placed orders). If we notify you of changes to these policies or terms and conditions before sending the Dispatch Confirmation, we will assume you have accepted the changes unless you inform us otherwise within seven working days of receiving the Products.
19. Law and Jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site, as well as any disputes or claims arising from or related to them or their formation, will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising from these Contracts or their formation will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
20. Gift Cards
· Effective from 20 October 2023, gift cards will expire two years from the date of purchase. The expiration date is displayed in the email containing the gift card.
· We have partnered with Klarna to offer flexible payment options at checkout. Klarna's Pay in 30 days credit agreements are not regulated by the FCA. The use of Klarna and any missed payments may affect your ability to obtain credit from Klarna and other lenders. This service is available to UK residents aged 18 and above, subject to status, and governed by the relevant terms and conditions specified at klarna.com/uk/terms-and-conditions.